Most CRM systems now boast “easy point and click customizations.” Administrator users with no formal training are empowered to easily customize their organization’s CRM system, which can save time and money compared to the programming that may have been required with legacy systems. However, with power comes responsibility. Taking the wrong approach to even basic CRM customizations can end up being very costly in the long run if improper customizations and resulting data need to be later transformed into a more usable format or a more easily reportable format.
Here are some common CRM customization mistakes that Sterling Rose Consulting Corp helps clients avoid.
- Creating too many custom fields
- Adding a sea of checkboxes
- Requiring data entry in too many fields
- Using pick lists instead of lookups
- Not leveraging dependent pick lists
- Not setting up field validation rules
- Creating groupings of flat fields
- Not displaying important parent fields in a child table
- Not segmenting customizations by user roles
By avoiding CRM customization mistakes such as these, organizations can save money and have a more adoptable CRM system.
Sterling Rose Consulting Corp can design, restructure, implement and properly train business staff on the proper CRM solution for their organization.